Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sometimes I fail to recognize how God's fingerprints are all over our lives and decisions. And sometimes I criticize myself because I don't seem to have enough faith. Perhaps because I'm a normal human being I don't have confidence that the universe has my best interests at heart. I put that idea in today's blog because something happened yesterday to reaffirm that a loving God has a plan for all of our lives.

This came to mind because we've been having problems with our office computer system. A couple of our staff members also are leaving for jobs in the private sector. These issues raise my anxiety level because our computer system is critical to our operation. And trained staff members help everything runs smoothly.

However, the day before yesterday we started seeking a replacement who also had computer skills. And lo and behold, a man shows up who's been in the computer industry since its inception. He has computer skills on several levels and, if he stays motivated, many issues with our old system will be resolved.

Over TLC's 20 year history we've experienced constant change. Often we lose staff members to our disease, or they move on to better opportunities. And while I understand this, like most addicts, I hate change. Yet, on every occasion the right person shows up at the right time. And while I'd like to take credit for it, I know that God in his infinite wisdom provides what we need exactly when we need it.

Today I pray to have the faith to recognize God's presence in all my activities. I'm sure that in the hustle bustle, though, I'll forget he's there. And when I forget this I know the anxiety about our day-to-day operations will descend upon me and remain until he steps in again to resolve our problems.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if I could live each day with this confidence?

1 comment:

  1. We are all just soldiers, trying to stay sober and win a fight that never ends.

    ReplyDelete