Thursday, May 12, 2011

Act of Kindness

The longer I'm in recovery the more deeply touched I am when I see random acts of kindness.

This weekend I was leaving a Walgreen's store when I noticed a woman talking to an elderly man sitting on a bench outside the store. The man, who was there when I entered the store, was well-dressed and in seeming good health. He appeared to be waiting for a ride. However, when I passed by I overheard the woman inquiring as to his well-being.

She asked if he had a ride or if he was waiting for a taxi. Probably because it was very humid and over 95° she was concerned about him. I'm not sure how the conversation ended or if the woman helped the man get to where he needed to go. But I was moved that she showed concern for him - someone who appeared to be a stranger.

Because we live in a world where the best selling news is negative it's wonderful to see a person expressing kindness to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment