Sunday, June 5, 2011

Real Clients?

Sometimes those of you who read my blog will write to ask if the person I'm talking about in the blog is a real client.

The information in these blogs is based on current or former clients or managers. I change the circumstances so no one can be identified. My goal is to not embarrass anyone or break their anonymity. The real purpose is to illustrate real-life situations that affect us as addicts. I sometimes cover the successes. Other times, I illustrate the tragedies and disasters that can befall us if we are unable to get sober.

I often will combine elements that I've heard at different times from different people. The goal, as I mentioned in the paragraph above, is to help the readers of this blog understand more about addiction and alcoholism. And at the same time, I want to understand more about my own addiction and alcoholism. And sometimes I get insights that help me through the day.

When I started posting this blog some 320 days ago I had a dual goal. One goal, and not necessarily the most important one, was to force myself to write something every day. I committed to post a new blog every day for a year. And so far, I've been able to do that. The second goal was to give clients, families, and anyone else interested, some insight into how TLC works and how we treat the addicts and alcoholics who live with us. I've been able to achieve both of these goals.

Before I started posting I built up a 30 day backlog. That way, if I got sick or went on vacation I would still have something to post. Perhaps one of the more rewarding, and surprising, things I've experienced since writing this blog is that I developed long-distance relationships with more than one reader. Some of them have been family members of clients. Others have been counselors from recovery programs who send us clients. They understand exactly what I'm talking about because they go through the same things we experience with addicts and alcoholics.

I appreciate my readers and hope you all keep coming back.

1 comment:

  1. Hey John, I've added TLC to my referral list and in the last couple of months I've given TLC contact info to several desperate addicts in Las Vegas and southern Utah. It's the only place I know of where someone can get in without a cent. I hope at least one has followed through. Raye

    ReplyDelete