Saturday, October 8, 2011

Reasons for Gratitude

Being on vacation is wonderful. Having a few lazy days where I don’t have to be anywhere in particular is wonderful.  I sleep in until 7:00, go to the gym, take my sweetheart to get a massage, visit an open air restaurant, and then back to the condo for a siesta. It’s a wonderful time with reminders of all I’m grateful for.

Each day here I’m grateful for those who are home running TLC. Over the years I’ve been blessed with a circle of friends and associates who are dedicated to seeing our recovery program succeed. They don’t do it for the money; with their energy and creativity they could do better working elsewhere. They do such a good job that I never lose sleep about business back home.

Another reason for gratitude is that we live in a country that is relatively secure. Even though Puerto Vallarta hasn’t experienced the violence of other parts of the country – truckloads of camo-dressed soldiers with machine guns regularly pass the hotel. And black-clad Federales are everywhere. The added security has something to do with the Pan-American games taking place here this month. While I appreciate the security, it makes me realize that our country – with all its present woes – is still comparatively safe.

Wherever we are in life we can look about us and find reasons to be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment