Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We get Emails...

A former client with 17 years of sobriety sent an email this week describing his success after leaving the program. In part he said:

"You probably wouldn’t remember me but I am a TLC graduate and celebrating 17 years clean/sober on March 6, 2012. I was just looking over the TLC website and your blog. It has been a while since I have been on it or visited TLC. I was going to comment on one of your blog posts but decided to email you instead. I am grateful for TLC and the gift you all gave me.

"Anyway, the reason I am writing is to say ‘THANK YOU”!!!! There is not a day that goes by that I am not reminded and grateful for my 18 months there. I currently work at a homeless shelter as a shelter manager and I am reminded daily of the life I left. If it wasn’t for TLC I don’t know what I would have done. Since I graduated, I have gotten married to a wonderful wife and we have 5 children now. I went onto college (my dream) and finished a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in Christian Studies. I am currently finishing a second master’s degree so I can become a certified chaplain.

"I do not mention these things to brag or boast but to share with you that because of the gift you provided I was able to achieve my dreams…I am SOOO very grateful for all you have done. Feel free to contact me anytime. My information is listed below. Thanks again and God bless you and TLC.

TLC Alumni 1997"

Emails like this make it all worthwhile.

1 comment: