Sunday, April 15, 2012

About Family

I measure success at TLC in many ways. But one of my favorites is when I hear stories of clients who reestablish a relationship with their families.

And I heard a success story last night when a client told me he'd been in contact with an estranged daughter and found that he now had an infant grandson - his first.

There was joy on his face as he told me of plans to return home for a visit  later this year.

This is exciting for me because this man had been in nearly a hundred rehabs before he came to TLC. He also spent time in prisons and jails on the East Coast.

And even when he came to TLC he left a few times before the program finally stuck and he gained a few years of sobriety.    

When clients reestablish relationships with those knew them at their worst I know something has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment