Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Enjoy the Journey


An unanticipated benefit of sobriety is that over the years I've developed some patience.
 
And I bring this up because my day was full of people in a hurry. On the way to the airport a speeding SUV nearly sideswiped my rental car while trying to wedge into a small space in the lane ahead of me. Then a few hundred feet further, he swerved into another lane.   In spite of his efforts - I met him at a red light a few miles away - waiting beside me.

Then while exiting the plane to go through custom back in Phoenix two girls shoved their way - with apologies - to the head of the line.  They were in a hurry to get off first. However, when we got to the customs area they were in a line waiting with everyone else. And, as we exited to hail a taxi in the line outside the airport they somehow ended up in a line behind us. Oh well...

Maybe my patience has less to do with sobriety and more to do with age. Whatever, it's nice to not always be in a hurry to get somewhere or to get something done. And even though I take my time, I somehow get where I need to be and finish pretty much everything I set out to do.

And I enjoy the time I spend doing it….

No comments:

Post a Comment