Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Living in Gratitude


Once I got sober it was much easier to live in gratitude, to appreciate the many blessings of life.

Once I spent a little time in sobriety I realized I'd crossed a divide from a no man's land of ingratitude and excuses into a pleasant place where I could dwell in productivity and fulfillment.

For me there's a clear demarcation between the sober and those who are struggling with recovery.   And the clearest sign of one in recovery is a strong sense  of gratitude for whatever life presents.

Conversely, when we focus on the negative aspects of our existence we leave serenity behind. We may wander there until we decide to enjoy once again the joy of living free of the insanity of our disease. 

After deciding to live sober I realized that a lot of other choices also showed up in my life. One of those choices was to learn to live in gratitude

1 comment: