Saturday, May 5, 2012

Surrendering to the Moment..


The past has no power over the present moment,” Eckhart Tolle

Much of my reading lately is about living in the moment. A recent read was “The Power of Now,” by Eckhart Tolle, which I’d first read when it came out several years ago.

I love living in serenity and find that reading spiritual books nourishes this aspect of my life. Even though I’ve been in recovery over 21 years, the old impulses and habits can sneak back when I’m unaware.

When I get busy or frustrated or too tired it’s easy to get off-center and drift toward negativity. But, if I take a few breathes and focus on this moment – which is all I have  – then I refocus.

While the quotation above refers to the past, the idea of living in the moment also includes not speculating in a fearful or anxious way about the future. After all, how many of us successfully predict the future?

 God has provided me a perfect world and I want to enjoy each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment