Friday, July 6, 2012

Successful Graduate...


Last night, while walking into a graduation meeting, a long time client I hadn’t seen in some time told me he was leaving next week. When I asked where he was going he told me he’d purchased a house with the help of his employer and would be moving in when he left.

I was pleasantly surprised when he told me this because he was a man who’d come to us on parole over a year ago after 15 years in prison. He had trouble adjusting to freedom and had difficulty finding steady work.

 I spent several counseling sessions encouraging him to keep trying and not give up.  And he didn’t.

The real payoff for us who manage TLC is stories like this. Our mission is “Helping Recovering Substance Abusers Rebuild Their Lives”.

When we see the changes in this man's life we realize our mission is succeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment