Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Hand of God


 Yesterday my daughter and two grandkids were in a serious accident when their car flipped at 65 miles per hour. Yet, as I write this, I'm awash in gratitude to God for sparing their lives..

I'm grateful the three of them were wearing seat belts and that all survived with bumps and minor abrasions. I have major gratitude to the dozen or so passersby on the freeway who stopped and cut them from their seat belts. I'm thankful to the man who handed my daughter his cell phone because she couldn't find hers. Because of him I was able to get an immediate location of the accident and learn that everyone was, at least at that moment, still alive.

I'm also grateful for the technology that was put into her Honda. The car reportedly rolled three times and yet the roof didn't collapse, and the airbags and seat belts worked exactly as they were supposed to.

I'm thankful to the responders who provided emergency first aid, then rushed them to the Maricopa County Medical Center.

I'm thankful to all of those in TLC who sent messages of love and care to their injured family members.

Later, when we knew everyone was going to be okay, someone began asking about insurance and replacement of the car and who was at fault and so forth. That conversation died quickly because everyone present knew that the only important thing was the miracle of survival that happened yesterday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment