Friday, September 14, 2012

Anonymous Drivel


In over 780 blogs I've never deleted a comment. But I did this week because someone anonymously regurgitated about 200 words about how much drinking and drugging he'd done at our Roosevelt property.

He started his comments on a positive note, with a lot of flattery. Then he digressed into writing about how he learned to cheat and lie and drink and use drugs at our facility. Not only that, he said that the managers were in collusion – that everybody was drinking and drugging.

It was a string of lies. For example, he said that he would go downstairs to tell the manager about someone who was in bed with a bottle of whiskey. And that the manager would say to just "leave the guy alone, that he wasn't bothering anyone. "

The writer didn't have the courage to sign his name. But whoever sent it wrote like they were on meth, spewing stream of consciousness drivel about the program.

Now I don't object to comments, especially constructive ones. But when one engages in unsupported negativity- while obviously under the influence - I have a hard time accepting it.  And in this case, I didn't.

On this blog I welcome comments. Of course I like attaboys. However, anything constructive is welcome. But if someone is venting because they failed the program – I'm not sympathetic.  I'd prefer that they call if they really have an issue and I'll deal with it.

I don't listen to nonsense face-to-face. So I'm not sure why I would do it when someone's cowering behind anonymity in an e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment