Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Visualize for Change

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there." – Mother Teresa


Mother Teresa makes a point: focus on the positive.

Often in our groups clients say things like "I don't want to go back to prison." Or "I'm tired of being homeless." Or I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired." And sure enough, many bring into reality what they're focusing on with all of the fear and anxiety they can muster.

The point is that our thoughts are the basis for action. If we spend the day thinking about what we don't want, guess what? Our subconscious is busy creating what we don't want, what we focus on. The universe receives the pictures we send out - and takes action

When I awake each morning and envision serenity, sobriety, joy and happiness my day is wonderful. But if my vision is a litany of complaints of “having to get up” and “my back aches” and so on – then what do I set myself up for?

There's an abundance of available literature on the power of visualization and positive thinking. For many us visualization can be the doorway to a new existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment