Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Reasons for Gratitude


 I have reasons for gratitude.

Last week I was driving home from an aftercare session and feeling really up because one of the clients reported told of some successes in his life. And he attributed it to his time in the program and counseling he'd received at TLC. What better experience?

When I got home my lovely wife and the two Chihuahuas РJos̩ and Lucy Рgreeted me at the door with lots of affection. Then a cup of tea, a snack, a relaxing evening topped off by fifteen minutes in the Jacuzzi before bedtime. Another dose of gratitude for loving wife and pets.

I'm blessed to work where I’m surrounded by people who care.. I'm treated with respect. My staff asks each day what they can do for me. And while there's usually nothing they can do that I can't do for myself, it feels good when they offer their help.  How perfect.

My day is filled with work and accomplishment. But I try to never forget to keep balance when I get out of whack. I use my gym membership each day. I sometimes share meals with those who have an interest in wholesome eating.

I attribute this quality in my life to getting sober and walking in gratitude..

Can you find something to be grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment