Thursday, November 15, 2012

We are Blessed


I had a gratitude check today here in Puerto Vallarta while driving back to the hotel when I had to pause for a man who was struggling to cross the street.

He was probably in his fifties and was traveling on a homemade cart that kind of resembled an oversized skate board. Most of the lower half of his body was missing. He was sweating as he pushed himself slowly along with two short sticks that he pushed into the ground to propel the cart forward.

It touches my heart when I see someone with his challenges struggling to do things most of us take for granted – like the simple act of crossing the street.

While I can’t recall being ungrateful for anything in years, seeing this man emphasized the many blessings I have in my life.

Though life is not a comparison game, I believe we can all look at our lives and find others who don't have near the blessings we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment