Friday, January 25, 2013

Another Attaboy...

Received the following from a former client, the sort of message that makes me happy to show up at the office each day. (Names are omitted to protect confidentiality.)

“My name is E……. D…….., and I was a resident of Mac House from June to September of 07. Before I entered your program I was struggling daily with the use and abuse of alcohol and cocaine. I came to your facility from New Jersey, and I want to let you know that the experience was something I could not thank you enough for. Although I did slip once or twice when I got back home,

“I am clean and sober today and one of the reasons for this is what I got out of TLC. I have the certificates from your program hung on my bedroom wall and it reminds me everyday of the 90 days I spent there. Thank you for letting me walk into your facility when my scorecard read zero. I hope that if I am ever in the Mesa area, I can come in and share my experience, strength, and hope, and give back a little of what you had given to me. So in closing, thank you again, and if (former manager) is still around, tell him I said hello.”


Messages like this mean a lot to me - and our staff. 

 It’s a blessing to hear that - 2000 miles away - an addict is having a better life because he spent 90 days with us over five years ago … It makes this so worthwhile...

1 comment:

  1. Dilusional thinking that you are being spiritual fulfilled through your twelfth step. When in print it's self promoting.

    ReplyDelete