Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Keeping On...

Sometime next week I’ll reach my goal of posting one thousand blogs in a row.

I remember when I started this while on vacation in San Diego, July 25, 2010. I was sitting by the bay, thinking about a way to force myself to write each day – to communicate more effectively on paper. Or on screen. Whatever.

I also had other reasons for doing this.

  • I wanted to help others stay sober. 
  • I wanted to promote TLC.

I’ve accomplished these things. But now comes the dilemma: do I post every day? Do I write three days a week? Do I stop?

And of course I’m so obsessive that once I start something that halfway works I just keep going. That's why I've been working out for 20+ years. That's why I've been a vegetarian for over 20 years.

When things work don't mess with them.

And probably one of the biggest motivating factors for continuing is the parents and family members who write me.

Sometimes the blog helps them make a decision about what to do with a family member. A woman summed it up best a while back when she wrote “I realize that you get it."

I do get it. Because I’m a recovering addict and alcoholic my life has been trashed over and over. But for some reason God smiled upon me. Today my life is blessed.. I have a happy marriage. I have a wonderful business. I have great friends and family. I know recovery can work.

I have a responsibility to share those blessings with those seeking help. And that's probably the reason I'll continue to do this.

Someone might find something here that’ll help make their world a better place.