Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Keeping On...

Eleven Hundred.

That's how many blogs I've written since June of 2010, when I started this project while on vacation in San Diego.

Originally my goal was to write 1000 blogs. But when I got to 1000 I thought there's no reason to quit now. And so I kept on going for this past 100. But now that I'm at 1100, where do I go from here? Well, I guess I'll keep going and see if I can make it to 1200.

Another goal when I started this was to force myself to write something each day – hopefully with a focus on recovery. After all, I go to the gym nearly every day.  So I need to work on my writing every day. And I've accomplished that.

But beyond those two goals I've achieved something else I really hadn't planned on. Many parents said that one of the reasons they sent their son or daughter to TLC was because of things they'd read here.

And that's one of the motivating factors for keeping this project alive. If just one or two people change their lives because of something they read here that makes it all the more worthwhile.

Plus, I love my readers.