Monday, September 16, 2013

Changing

Here's an email from a graduate who returned to the East Coast last week after completing her commitment .

"I just wanted to let you know once again how grateful I am to have been a resident of TLC.

"I have learned so much while being here. I thought because I had been in a behavioral management treatment facility before that I had knew a lot about recovery but as I soon found out. I knew nothing about how to stay clean and how to do a daily inventory of myself.

"The managers at Robson house are wonderful. My stay there was an experience that I will never forget. I'm proud that I decided to stay after my 90 days and finally complete something in my life. I'm also grateful that this place has loving open arms and tough love. I'm grateful that you have told me that I'm welcome to come back if I needed to even before I relapse. This program is great!


Thank you for your time and patience with me." 


This is a wonderful endorsement of what happens at TLC. This email is meaningful because the graduate who wrote it had sent a letter a few weeks earlier talking about how she hated the place when she arrived.

She even sent her family pictures of the tool shed at the rear of the property, describing it as her living quarters. Her loved ones told her to stick it out, that everything would be okay – the same reply they gave each time she told of the terrible treatment she was undergoing at TLC.

Clients often do well at TLC once they overcome the initial shock of living in reality.