Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Errors

Last week sloppy grammatical and typographical errors started appearing in my blogs. Completely stupid stuff. And even though my mandate to myself is to be aware, sometimes it takes a few days to figure out what's going on when mistakes keep repeating themselves.

What happened last week is that I didn't practice what I preach. I allowed stress to build up and spill over into my writing. And it was only when a faithful reader, my lovely wife, brought them to my attention that I realized they were there.

So my apologies to those who might have seen the same errors. My goal is to present relevant information and opinions as clearly as possible. And sometimes grammatical or typographical errors might undermine that goal.

For those of you who haven't been longtime readers I started writing this blog in June of 2010, not missing a day since. Around 1155 days in a row. No matter what's going on, I've been able to keep my commitment to publish each day. Sometimes it’s difficult, like when I’m on vacation in Mexico – or when I was in the hospital for tests.

So what's the point of doing this? Originally it was to force myself to write 250 to 500 words a day while at the same time dispensing my perspective on recovery for those who go to our website.

However, the goal changed a bit when I started getting emails from parents of children at TLC. They found the daily blog to be a way for them to stay somewhat connected with what their children were going through. And in time it has become an additional reason to continue this project.

So, more than 250,000 words later, I’m still at it And I’m working on improving the product because I love my readers and appreciate their feedback.

Comments?  schwary@msn.com