Thursday, December 26, 2013

Congratulations!

It was a pleasant Christmas Eve surprise when a long time TLC Manager told me he planned to propose to his fiancee at supper that evening.

I asked him to send a text to let me know her response. But when I didn't hear anything by 7:30 I called. What did she say?

He explained that he’d been sidetracked by a maintenance problem. He’d just returned home and he was going to take care of it right away. And sure enough, he called a few minutes later and said he’d popped the question. And he didn’t have to tell me her response because I could hear her in the background saying “yes, yes, yes.”

One of the blessings of being involved with this project for over 22 years is that I’m allowed to witness stories like this.

Both he and his fiancee have contributed for several years to TLC's ongoing success. And in the meantime their lives have come together.

They were blessed with a beautiful son this year. They have a home. And each is enjoying a successful recovery.  This couple is another example of what our program is all about.

Seeing their happiness is truly a gift. All of us at TLC wish them well in this newest chapter of their lives.