Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all of you! I wish you a prosperous 2014, one filled with the many blessings of recovery.  And I thank you for reading.

Since I posted the first blog July 25, 2010, while on vacation in San Diego, California I haven't missed. When I looked at the stats the other day there were around 1260 postings – about 275,000 words. There have been times when it was a challenge to keep my commitment. While on vacation in Mexico there were occasions when Internet service was spotty. Other times I've been away from my computer and ended up making a posting from my cell phone or Ipad.

My original goal was 1000 blogs, then stop. But for some reason, probably because I'm obsessive about everything, I haven't been able to. The original idea was to force myself to write daily, from a recovery perspective. I figured that since I do something each day to stay physically fit, I should also do something each day to stay mentally fit. And to improve my writing. I'm not sure I've accomplished these goals, but it seems that ideas come easier than they did back in 2010.

The most rewarding aspect of blogging is when parents say they made the decision about sending their children to TLC based on what they read here. Because I don't sugar coat what happens at TLC, I think some parents find us trustworthy. In any event, it's a blessing to help anyone get to recovery.

I appreciate those who send feedback. I welcome critiques from anyone. Thank you. Y Prospero Ano Nuevo…

Click here to leave a comment