Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Better Life

I thought this email response to Sunday's blog is well worth reading..

"In response to Sunday's posting about this blog being a "joke.”

I would like the whole world to know I'm that guy! No need to protect my anonymity, my name is Elbert and in response to whoever wrote that email I would like to say this: I am the guy that stole the money, took the van, lied in sobriety, had behavioral issues, etc. etc. etc. and years later was in charge of TLC's accounting department.

I am the guy that has been given more chances than I probably deserved and today it's part of my story, my journey in recovery. Today I live in a beautiful home with my wife and two kids. I have a car parked in the driveway and money in the bank (don't worry none of it's been embezzled).

But most importantly I am nearing 6 years of sobriety that started with someone giving me the same opportunity as you, no matter of my past and prior convictions. Without that chance I would not be where I am at today.

As far as being a "joke", you’re absolutely right because every time I share my story which includes stealing TLC's van and money, the crowd always chuckles with laughter.

Today I have a life that is so wonderful, and I thank God, TLC, and my sponsor on a daily basis. I pray that the author of that email can have a beautiful life sober, I pray that you are able to live free of resentment. You too can have a life worth living, but it's gonna take work (don't worry my text book is the same as yours), and it's going to take accepting responsibility for your actions (which appears you may still be blaming others).

No matter what keep trudging on, and according to the blog, it looks like TLC is willing to help you AGAIN, just like they did me!"


Click here to leave a comment