Monday, March 17, 2014

In the Moment

In the rooms we frequently hear the phrase "one day at a time."

And the way I understand this concept is that we only have to not drink or do drugs a day at a time. And for most of us in recovery – at least those of us who have put some days together – that's a manageable amount of time.

But in the rooms I've heard people say that for them it's sometimes minute to minute. That's the kind of struggle they're having with their demons. And when I listen to them I notice they appear kind of uptight and tense.

I thought of them this morning while listening to an audio book by Eckhart Tolle. For those who are unfamiliar with him, he's the author of "The Power of Now." His book is considered a classic.

In all of his materials he espouses the idea when we're in the moment there are no problems, only "situations."

For those who are interested in learning more about living in the moment, click here.

Click here to leave a commenta