Monday, August 18, 2014

In the Moment

As we start our week let's focus on staying in the moment.

As we drive to work are we watching the road in front of us? Or are we angry at the driver who cut us off? Are we chewing on the argument we had with the boss last week? Or are we fretting about our bills?

If our mind is leapfrogging from one thing to another what are we doing about the present moment? Who's watching out for us when our mind is off skittering from one thing to another?

When my mind does this how do I get back to the present? I'll share a simple solution that works for me.

I come back to gratitude and do a quick inventory of my life. What am I grateful for? My health and recovery. A good marriage. Having the same job for 23 years. Healthy children and grandchildren. Enough prosperity to do pretty much what I want.

When I get into gratitude I find that I'm back to the center. And back to the present moment.

It's a good place to live.