Wednesday, September 24, 2014

No Limits!

"The number one reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors." Napoleon Hill

An older client from a rural community watches as I enter some of his information on my computer.

“You know,” he said, sadness in his voice, “I’ve never learned to use a computer”

He said his father told him he didn’t need to learn stuff like that. He just needed to find a simple job and do it. So, for most of his life he’s been working manual labor and menial jobs, barely getting by.

He seemed resistant when I suggested that he no longer listen to his father, who had long ago passed on. Instead, he should listen to his own dreams and desires. His eyes told me he liked the idea of doing something different. But his words said something else.

How many of us listen to voices from the past?  The chorus from negative people?  Listen to those who hobble our ambition and dreams with their negativity? Maybe suggesting we settle for something mediocre when we’re capable of so much more?

If you have a passion to go beyond what you’ve done all your life, do it now. Block out negative family, friends, or associates.

This applies to everything from your recovery to your choice of a career or business - everything.

Relatives said I’d never stay sober, that I'd spend my life in prison. Or be a bum.

My life changed because I didn't accept limitations from others.

You can change your life.  Stop accepting limits others might put upon you.