Saturday, December 6, 2014

Keeping On...

1600.

That's the number that came up last evening as I posted yesterday's blog.  1600 posts without missing a single day.

And, as I do every so often, I asked myself why the hell I do this.  I mean it's sometimes a hassle to post a blog when I have no inspiration.  When I'm on the road.  Or on vacation.  Or when I don't feel well.

The answer I get back is pretty much always the same.  A mother will write and tell me she sent her child to TLC because of something she read here.  That she feels a human connection because I'm exposing my soft side online.

What a reward!  If somehow a few words can help someone get to recovery then it's all worth it.  When I get a message like that I almost feel guilty for thinking of quitting.

So, whether it's about obsession or about trying to help another addict - look for another posting tomorrow.

Click here to email John