Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Miracle

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as if nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein

To all of us - addicts and non-addicts – Einstein offers the wonderful option of looking at the world with fresh eyes.

If I look at the world as if everything's a miracle then I see beauty everywhere. The flowers springing to life in the morning sun. The technology in my car is a tribute to man's ingenuity and cooperation. The roads I drive on are a symbol of community effort. The 12-step programs are a lifesaving template handed to us from previous generations.

My fellow humans are God's handiwork rather than competitors or irritants.

And if I look at the world as if nothing were a miracle then life goes from bright colors to black and white and gray. I'm living a mechanical existence that has no flavor or meaning. Almost depressing.

I choose to live as if everything is a miracle.