Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Today's Important

"What you do today is important, because you are exchanging a day of your life for it." Unknown

In my addiction I spent years drifting. I was a predator. And my goal was to find money for my next drink or bag of dope. I exchanged many days finding chemical gratification.

Today I choose to fill my days with positives - things to enhance my life. Work. Recovery. Daily exercise. Meditation. Reading. Writing. Eating well. Helping others. Being a contributor.

If we start our day with the idea that our time is important that changes what we do.

If we have the idea that God is at the other end of a time machine loading us up with days and minutes, we're wrong. The clock started ticking when we sucked in our first breath. In other words, we're pre-programmed to be here a certain time.

We have the option of pissing off those minutes doing all kinds of useless crap. Getting drunk. Doing dope. Loafing. Being a bum.

Or we can use them to make ourselves and the world a better place.

For me the last option is the most rewarding.

Click here to email John