Monday, February 2, 2015

Finding Gratitude

Did I awaken this morning with a spirit of gratitude?

Or did I wonder what I have to be grateful for?

If it's the latter, let me help you out.

If we have trouble finding reasons for gratitude we can simply look around our world.

When I do that I can find hundreds of examples of why I should be grateful.

If I''m healthy – or reasonably so - then that's something to be grateful for. For there are many who are suffering from physical or mental challenges.

Do I have a job? Because there are many who are not blessed with employment and don't have an adequate income.

You see where this is going. We can look around the rest of the world and realize that our circumstances are pretty good. That's gratitude.

If we have difficulty finding something to be grateful for I believe we're comparing ourselves to those who have much more.

But we can find gratitude even in that. We can look at those who have more and see that we live in a land of opportunity. We can have the same success if we use our creativity and work hard.

It's a matter of perspective. And we stay in gratitude.