Friday, February 27, 2015

Key to Success

A key ingredient of success is being willing to fail. Being able to fall on our butts and get up and keep moving forward.

This came up today when I heard a man say he lacked the confidence to go out in the world on his own.

And I'm talking of basic things like getting a job. Finding an apartment. Buying a car.

I pointed out that we're surrounded by people doing that very thing here in our community. All around us. Even people from other countries who don't speak our language find success here.

Now I know it's easy for someone who's successful to give someone advice. But there's no other way to put it.

I can't remember how many times in my life I've had to start over. And I did. I'd build a business, or get a great job. I'd make money and own stuff. Only to end up giving it to the dope man. Then I'd start over.

My life's path is littered with bad ideas. Business failures. Personal failures. Divorces. Yet I kept trying until I got it right.

I hope this man can find it in himself to do the same thing.

Click here to email John