Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Successful Graduates

I sometimes get heartwarming emails from former halfway house clients who used our program to help change their lives. Here's another one well worth reading.  (Names omitted to protect anonymity)

"Every morning before my kids wake up I sit down and read your blog. Each day I take something out of it and apply it to my day. It's a great reminder of why I came into the program and continue to stay sober.

As I like to say, I walked throuh the golden arch (carport) at Robson Street in June 2013. I said bye to my husband and off he went to the Southern house.

We made a commitment to each other and to our higher power that we were going to do whatever it takes to stay sober. Our lives were a mess. We were about to be homeless and we'd lost our kids to CPS for the third time. I was told I would never see my kids again.

After just a few days in your program I knew that this is where I needed to be. I was welcomed by your staff and other residents. I knew I wasn't alone anymore and I began to have hope again.

I wanted to send this email just to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts to you and to everyone who makes TLC what it is today.

Without this program and its "crazy" rules we'd still be lost. After my husband and I completed 6 months at the program we were able to move into your sober living apartments.

We continue to live here with our boys and we couldn't be happier. I spend my days helping other women stay clean and sober and help guide them on how to one day reunite with their children.

We will be forever grateful for your program and I hope my story will help others live a better life.  Thank you again.

A TLC graduate"


Click here to email John