Saturday, April 11, 2015

Not Giving Up

"If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through." Chinese proverb.

At TLC we never give up on those who are trying. Because we know that one day - if they survive their relapses - they'll succeed.

I thought of this today when I ran into a client who's left more than once against our advice. When he saw me he hung his head and looked away, Probably hoping I wouldn't notice him.

But I did. And I told him I was happy that he'd made it back. That he shouldn't feel bad, that at least he's still making an effort. And I meant it.

Because when I see someone who keeps coming back I know that somewhere inside is a seed of desire. And that desire to change will put them on the path of recovery.

As long as we never give up there's hope for change.