Sunday, August 9, 2015

Counting Blessings

I had a chance to count my blessings this weekend while visiting my grandson in Prescott.

He's nine months now and weighs 20 pounds. But when I first met him he weighed about five pounds. And he was in a neonatal intensive care unit at Banner Thunderbird Hospital in Phoenix.

Prior to his birth, my daughter was in the hospital for almost three months because of complications. It was touch and go for a while, as it can sometimes be with premature babies.

Now he eats everything he can get his hands on. He's a happy and good-natured baby.

I’m also grateful that my daughter is a veteran. Because of that, the VA covered the astronomical cost for her stay at the hospital.

And while visiting her there I got to see the positive side of our healthcare system.

Even though the press often talks negatively about healthcare we were all grateful for her treatment. Dedicated and skilled nurses and doctors monitored her progress around the clock.

It's a true miracle that he's alive and healthy.

Click here to email John