Friday, August 7, 2015

Small Resentment

Just when I thought I was over resentments I came up with a new one. While this is a small resentment, it's still big enough to have thought about.

And it started last month while on vacation when I was getting ready to send an email with an attachment. As I was about to send it one of my grandkids, barely a teenager, said he would show me how to do it.

At first I thought he was kidding. But then I realized he was serious. I didn't bother to mention to him that my email address is about eight years older than he is.

Then last week my resentment grew when a young person trying to contact me asked someone if I knew how to text.

I finally got over it by realizing this had nothing to do with me.

I think the perspective of many youngsters is that people who've been on the planet as long as I have are out of the loop. And it's true that many in my generation aren't technically competent.

But in my case, I started using computers in 1982, over 30 years ago. I've done our company website for years. Plus, I can use over 50 software programs.

In the final analysis I guess it has to do with my ego. And I got over this little resentment by realizing that all of us have different experience. 

 And ultimately, we base our beliefs on our experience - no matter what age we are.