Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A little Kindness

Kindness works for me.

Last month I became involved in a not pleasant negotiation with a service provider. And it wasn't pleasant because I was busy with other things and their problem was not on my priority list.

It seems the company was unhappy about the way I displayed their logo on our website.

They wanted it in a certain place and in a certain format on a certain page. And while I wasn't opposed to making changes, some of them were going to take a while. And they wanted the changes made sooner, rather than later. It wasn't going to be easy. Especially for someone like me, born way back in last century. Before the invention of television.

So we went back and forth for a while about the best way to do it. I did some homework, sometimes with the guidance of their tech guys.

And, finally success. The logo showed up where they wanted it the way they wanted it! I was glad it was over because it took more time and head space than I cared to invest.

Then this week I get a card. When I opened I thought it was an advertisement from the same company. But, it turned out to be a hand-written card from their customer relations department. They thanked me for my help and patience.  And said other nice things.

Just those few lines changed my attitude toward that experience. It reminds me that a little kindness goes a long way.

Click here to email John