Friday, November 27, 2015

A year Old

It's seems like yesterday, but it was a year ago that my latest grandson was born.  So yesterday we celebrated at a Thanksgiving gathering.
And while I have six other grandchildren, this one's unique because he was premature.  And he spent his first month in an NICU for babies.  There were concerns about his survival.
My daughter spent the last two months of her pregnancy in the hospital due to complications.  Because she's athletic it was difficult for her to remain confined to a bed for that long. 
During that time my attitude changed.  Because of some of my experiences with the medical system I was somewhat negative.  But it shifted while my daughter was in the neonatal unit.  During her stay I met many wonderful people who took care of her and the baby.  Everyone there was on a mission to help.  
So today and every day I have a reason to be thankful:  I'm blessed to be sober and to enjoy these promises of the program.