Thursday, December 10, 2015

Back Home

Back in town yesterday after a week in Mexico. It was a pleasant break and a great way to celebrate my wife's birthday and our 4th anniversary.

But one thing I don't lose sight of is why I'm able to do this. It's because I got sober almost 25 years ago.

And the other reason is that I've been lucky enough to gather an excellent team around me. A team of recovering addicts who want to do something different with their lives.

I don't know of another organization our size in the Southwest that operates like TLC. Around 125 people in recovery manage the company and our halfway houses. Addicts manage our roofing and remodeling business. Our retail store. Our maintenance operations. The Christmas tree lots. The labor company. Everything run by addicts.

We do have consultants for our accounting department. And therapists with degrees in the outpatient clinic. But 99.9% of the employees are those in recovery.

Do we have issues? Yes. Just like any other company we have our infighting. Do addicts argue and create drama? Sure, just like any group of humans.

But the miracle is that many addicts on our staff rebuild their lives while also helping others find themselves.

For me it doesn't get much better than that.

Click here to email John