Sunday, December 6, 2015

Into Acceptance

Each day I ride an open-air trolley from the tower I'm at in Mexico to an office a quarter mile down the hill. I make the trip, because management won't let me park our car beneath the condo. Even though there are a dozen big spaces in the basement. And a few have cars in them.

After 11:00 each night our car has to be stored in a garage under the main building.

So, when I'm ready to use the car in the morning a trolley shows up. And when I'm done in the evening I drop it back at the office.

But because I like rules that make sense, this irritated me. So I went to the front desk to see if I could park there. They said no. It was something about "security."

So I asked to see a supervisor, thinking maybe a small bribe was in order. But every time I'm there he's "busy" doing something else.

After a few days of this and going back and forth I got into acceptance. I decided I wasn't going to spend another minute of my time off thinking about a parking space. And once I got into acceptance I immediately felt better.

Instead I enjoy the trip down the steep and winding cobblestone road through the jungle and feel blessed that I'm such a beautiful place.

Acceptance made a difference.