Recovery Connections

John Schwary is CEO of Transitional Living Communities, a 850-bed recovery program he founded in Mesa, Arizona January 9, 1992 when he had a year sober. He's in his 27th year of recovery.

In these posts, he views life mostly through the lenses of recovery. While the blog is factual, he sometimes disguises events and people to protect anonymity.

Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas!

During this month I'm regularly asked what I want for Christmas.

And my answer is always pretty much the same. That I already have everything anyone could want.

I have a loving wife. A wide circle of friends and business associates. A home that's too big for my wife and me. Loyal employees. A job that I would do - and have done - for nothing. Real estate investments. Luxury cars. Two dogs. More than I ever dreamed of when I entered recovery almost 25 years ago.

If I would want anything, it would be the ability to continue doing what I'm doing. I want to keep providing others the opportunity to have what was freely given to me. And that is the opportunity to get into recovery - whether they have resources or not.

I intend to spend the remainder of my days working with others, helping the willing to achieve their dreams and goals.

But I know that all that's happened in my life is a gift from God - as will be what happens in the future.

Merry Christmas to all and thank you for reading.

Click here to email John