Thursday, February 4, 2016

Pray with Caution

Sometimes we must be careful about what we pray for.

For example, I've found myself asking God for patience while dealing with a problematic client. But what happens? You guessed it. I get to spend my entire afternoon dealing with this person non-stop.

But then, I did pray for patience didn't I? And what better way to learn patience than to spend several hours dealing with one of the most frustrating creatures on the planet.

If we pray for money, God's not going to give us the winning lottery numbers. But he might put us in a situation where we have an opportunity to make better money. If we're willing to work hard and creatively.

We may have a specific thing we pray for in life. But it might be the worst thing that could happen to us were we to get it.

Maybe we're praying for a relationship with the hot blonde we've been drooling about in the next office. But later we're sorry because we learn the hard way that she's a big spender with a borderline personality disorder - and those are her good qualities.

Like I said you may have your prayers answered. So be careful about what you ask for.