Friday, March 4, 2016

A Referral

I met a man yesterday in our program who looked familiar.  But I couldn't quite place him.

When I ask where I know him from he tells me that I'm probably thinking of his brother -who was here several years ago.

He said his brother stayed at TLC for around six months. Then he returned home and hasn't used drugs since. He's now married, owns a home, and has his own construction business.

He said that when he started to go downhill, drinking and using heroin, his family told him to come here. At first he didn't want to, but then looked as his brother's life and knew what he had to do.

Now that we've been around for over 24 years these kinds of referrals happen more frequently.

There's no better advertising for a place like ours than when a family sees a loved one change their life.