Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Can't Stop

It was in June of 2010 when I made a decision to write a blog. It was while on vacation in San Diego. At first it wasn't going to be a long term project.

It was going to be a way to practice writing each day. Even if it was something dumb or inane. Just a way to practice. Kind of like mental push ups.

And now, 2,100 days later I'm still at it. Haven't missed a day. Though I came close a few times. Once when I was in the hospital. And another time when I was in Mexico and couldn't figure out the wifi.

When I started I made a commitment to do a year. Then it turned into another year. Then I said, well, I'll stop at 1000. Now, I don't know.

But for some reason it's hard to stop. Just when I get ready to say enough is enough, a parent will write and thank me for giving  them a different perspective on how to deal with an addict family member.

So then the ego kicks in.  And I think well that's worthwhile because it helped somone, and I keep going.