Friday, May 6, 2016

Keeping at It.

Sometimes writing a daily blog is frustrtating. I'll go ever each line, word, every paragraph. Aiming for perfection, while at the same time claiming that I'm not a perfectionist. Then the next day I get a text or call from my wife telling about what I screwed up. And I thank her for taking the time to read and give me feedback.

Of course my fragile alcoholic feelings are hurt for a second. But I'm happy that she takes her time to read and give me a critique. She wants me to do my best - just like I want her to do her best in whatever she undertakes.

I guess the beauty of the process is that I'm forced to do my best the first time through so I don't have to be going over and over the same material. It saves time. It sharpens the wits.

My dream one day is to have an ongoing casual dialogue with the screen-error-free where ideas flow naturally. Just must keep at it. Yes.

Click here to email John