Tuesday, August 30, 2016

craziness

I think that we all have some  insanity about us. Or maybe insanity is too strong a word. How about just a little craziness? Yes, that will work.

For example I can be doing paperwork or something that requires focus and attention. And no one will call or visit my office all morning. I'll get a lot done until I get tired and need a break.

Then someone will rap on the door and I'll invite them in, glad for the break. And exactly at that moment two or three more knocks will come on the door. And at the same time two to three phone calls will follow, back-to-back. And, of course, I don't enjoy the break and end up clearing my office and going back to work.

This same thing also happens a lot when I'm out running errands for my wife. No one will call or text until exactly the wrong moment. Either it's when I'm leaving my car with arms full or else fumbling for the door keys.

At one time I thought it was a cosmic conspiracy. Like "Ah, now is the perfect time for someone to irritate someone who's cool and collected. Let's get him."  And they do.

Then I realize I should never think things like this, let along write them down. So I just keep them to myself. But still, just maybe, there may be a parallel universe that springs a leak once in a while and that's when all these crazy irritants interrupt our lives.

I'm still working on this idea.