Thursday, August 25, 2016

Temper

I recently visited a property TLC had purchased and had just pulled into the driveway to show it to some guests.

As we parked, a large gentlemen stepped up to my side of the vehicle. He asked what what we were doing there and what I wanted.. It probably wouldn't have irritated me except for his aggressive posture. And tone of voice.

As I got of our truck he kept talking - being almost pushy. At one point he directed me where to stand so I wouldn't be in the way of the laborers.

That's when I finally had enough. I explained to him - calmly- that we now owned the property and I would go onto any part of it I cared to whenever I wanted.

At that point he changed his tune and quickly disappeared around the other side of the building.

No matter how long one is sober, or how long they meditate, anger can arise. It still has its own little corner in my head. The only difference today is that I'm able to stop and reflect. And that keeps me out of trouble.

Click here to email John