Monday, October 24, 2016

Obsession

At times I find myself becoming obsessive about completing a project.

And it seems that the more obsessive I become the less I get done. I get frustrated. I become angry. I tell myself all kinds of things about how many times I've done projects like this and I've never had a problem. But yesterday wasn't one of those days.

It happened as I was trying to connect a new microphone to my computer. There's a dictation program that I like to use because I can write with it three times faster than I can when typing.

But because I'd broken my last microphone I went back to typing until I could get time to get another microphone.

And the problem started when I tried to connect this expensive microphone to my computer. I won't bore you with a lot of the technical details. But in spite of a couple hour's of research I couldn't get the program to recognize the computer.

And the longer I tried the more frustrated I became. Until finally I gave up and went back to using the keyboard. And now I'm no longer frustrated.

In the final analysis I realize that the only thing I really need to be obsessive about is staying sober. As long as I do that everything else will work out in its own time.