Monday, January 2, 2017

It's all Relative

In a supermarket line I overheard two ladies in a discussion about how the previous year had gone for them.

One was having financial problems. The other's husband had been seriously ill, maybe to the point that he might not make it another year.

It wasn't my conversation so I just listened and was grateful I hadn't faced any of their issues. The sad thing was that neither of them had a solution to their problems. All they did was lament about the challenges they faced.

I kind of look at the world as everything being relative. I can be grateful for whatever's going in my life. Especially when I look at the mess our world has created in the Middle East. Where millions have been murdered over political disputes based upon whose God is best. How children are soldiers at the age of 9 or ten or forced to blow themselves up in the middle of a religious ceremony.

If we look at the world as everything being relative we can find gratitude most anywhere - instead of whining about small setbacks. Compared with what's happening in the Middle East our lives are smooth - heaven on earth.

Ask God for gratitude and he'll give you more than you can dream of.