Monday, January 23, 2017

Peaceful Meetings

A habit I've had since I started my recovery is that I only go to certain meetings 
 And those are meetings where most of the members are clients of TLC. 
Early on I found that if I went to meetings with a lot of former TLC members, that it created a negative atmosphere. 
Many members  had gotten drunk or high at our place and had to be removed by the police for disorderly conduct.  And, of course, that didn't set well with anyone, including me and my staff. 
Many times the meetings would turn into an argument about who was right or who was wrong.  There was little or no conversation about recovery, which was the only reason I was there. 
At one time things got so bad that several residents formed their own meeting so though wouldn't have to listen to the bickering about why they had to leave TLC.
 And that's the meeting I've attended for over 25 years.
The only purpose for going to a meeting is to work on my recovery and nothing else,   I know where to go if I want to argue and it's far from a recovery meeting format.
Click here to email John