Sunday, January 15, 2017

Words of Gratitude

Over the weekend I received many texts and emails from friends and clients, congratulating me for being sober for 26 years.

Several - especially those from TLC - thanked me for the changes in their lives. Many have now been with us for years. Some have babies and young families. I was very moved by their words.

And while gratitude is wonderful, the changes these folks made really came from the hard work they put into their own recovery.

While I understand perfectly where they're coming from, their lives wouldn't be what they are today without all their hard work for which they deserve credit.

My only contribution to most of their lives is that we built an organization - a framework if you will - that gave them time to work on themselves. To get the habit of living and working sober.

The ones who stuck around have remained sober now for many years themselves. And they did it because they took advantage of the opportunity to start a new life.

I think they got tired of the pain - just as I did. And today we're all enjoying the blessings of a sober life.